This is a question that seems to come up quite a bit. “How can I unpublish a page or post in WordPress?” Which, I might add is different then sending it to the trash. Maybe you have some content that needs to be corrected, or maybe it was published before it was completed? Who knows, I’m sure there are a number of good reasons why someone might want to unpublish content in WordPress.
Changing the Status of a Post or Page in WordPress
- From the WordPress Dashboard, navigate to the Page or Post you wish to unpublish.
- On the right, locate the Publish module, then click the Edit link.
- Choose Draft from the drop down list and click the OK button.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Click the Update button to change the Page or Post status to Draft.
That’s it, you now have successfully unpublished a post or page in WordPress.
Removing a Post or Page in WordPress
If you wish to remove the post or page, simply click the Move to Trash link.
Scheduling a Page or Post to be Published
If its a case of wanting the page or post to be published at a later date, then do the following:
- Click the Edit link next to Publish immediately.
- Set a future date and time, then click the OK button.
- The click the Schedule button.
Hopefully that helps gives you the answer you were looking for in regard to unpublishing your post or page in WordPress. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to comment below!